This is a site for engineers in the nuclear power industry who are interested in getting answers to critical design questions. Because it is a community of engineers, anyone who asks question ought to be prepared to get frank, honest, and forthright responses. Some of the answers may be controversial and generate debates.
Engineers understand that there are usually multiple ways to solve the same problem. You are responsible for understanding any advice that you get on this site. We recommend that, before taking action, you consult with other knowledgeable professionals, co-workers, and superiors. Play it safe.
On occasion, members of this site comment on design strategies and design approaches. They do so under the protection of the first amendment of the United States Constitution, which guarantees freedom of speech. This also applies to the opinions expressed by any department’s moderator. This site is not licensed by any government agency. No one posting suggestions on this site does so as a government-licensed specialist.
This site is not connected with any consulting firm, utility, government agency, or architect/engineer firm. It is strictly an information site.
I invite my subscribers to enjoy all the features this site has to offer. But I must require that each subscriber abide by certain rules, so that no one’s rights are stepped on. Failure to abide by these rules can result in immediate termination of access to nuclearelectricalengineer.com, without refund or recourse.
- Do not share your logon passwords and user names. Our system is designed to detect this immediately, and it will suspend any account where more than one person signs on using the same username and password.
- Do not post any sensitive information. Moderators will remove personal and other sensitive information from posts to protect privacy.
- Do not post anything that is a violation of International or United States Federal Law.
- Do not reprint, republish, repost, or otherwise distribute or transmit content or images presented on this site. Downloading is easy, but just because you may be able to copy our content doesn’t mean you own it. Unauthorized use of or copying of our content, trademarks, and other proprietary material can subject you to civil or even criminal liability. Please don’t violate our copyright.
- No advertising, trading of goods or services, or other commercial use is allowed. No bulk e-mail, junk mail or spam, chain letters, or repeat postings.
- Treat other subscribers with courtesy and respect when posting messages to the discussion groups. No unnecessary name calling or abuse toward any subscriber is allowed. The goal of this site is mutual support.
- Please avoid shouting (using all capital letters) in the discussion forums. All capital letters are appropriate for book titles and publication names.
- Do not use vulgarity, obscenity, profanity, ethnic slurs, hate speech, or sexually explicit language, or harass, abuse, or threaten other subscribers in the discussion forums. Do not libel or defame others. I strongly disapprove of flaming.
- When you post content of any kind in the John Livingston’s Nuclear Electrical Engineer forums, you permit this site to display and distribute the content, and to use it for advertising and promotion. You grant to this site the complete, perpetual, but non-exclusive right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, sub-license, etc. the content in whole or in part, throughout the world and universe, on a royalty-free basis.
We do not try to edit or to monitor messages posted on this site’s forums, but this site’s forum moderators have the right to edit or remove objectionable postings. The person posting a message is solely responsible for it, not John Livingston’s Nuclear Electrical Engineer. Violators may be permanently banned from using the forums, or even have their subscriptions terminated.
Copyright and Trademark Law
All editorial content and graphics on this site are protected by U.S. copyright and international treaties and may not be copied or re-used without the express written permission of NuclearElectricalEngineer.com, Inc., which reserves all rights.
Limitation of Liability
THIS WEB SITE PROVIDES THE INFORMATION, SERVICES AND PRODUCTS ON THIS WEBSITE “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. YOU ALSO AGREE THAT THIS WEB SITE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTENT FOUND ON THE THIS WEB SITE FORUMS AND THAT YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE FORUMS AND ANY DOWNLOADING OF MATERIALS FOUND ON OR THROUGHOUT THE THIS WEB SITE FORUMS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR COMPUTER OR DATA THAT RESULTS. ALL EXPRESS WARRANTIES AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THIS WEB SITE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE USE OF PERFORMANCE OF THIS WEBSITE WILL BE TIMELY, UNINTERRUPTED OR FREE OF ERROR, OR THAT THIS WEBSITE OR ITS SERVER WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WEB SITE , ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS WEBSITE OR FROM ANY INFORMATION, SERVICES OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, EVEN IF THIS WEB SITE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN THE EVENT THAT APPLICABLE LAW PREVENTS THE EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SUCH EXCLUSION DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU TO THE EXTENT LIMITED BY LAW.
Visitor agrees that in the event he causes damage, which the Website is required to pay for, the Visitor, as a condition of viewing, promises to reimburse the Website for all.
No additional notice of any kind for any reason is due Visitor and Visitor expressly warrants an understanding that the right to notice is waived as a condition for permission to view or interact with the website.
Arbitration shall be conducted pursuant to the rules of the American Arbitration Association which are in effect on the date a dispute is submitted to the American Arbitration Association. Information about the American Arbitration Association, its rules, and its forms are available from the American Arbitration Association, 335 Madison Avenue, Floor 10, New York, New York, 10017-4605. Hearing will take place in the city or county of the Seller.
In no case shall the viewer, visitor, member, subscriber or customer have the right to go to court or have a jury trial. Viewer, visitor, member, subscriber or customer will not have the right to engage in pre-trial discovery except as provided in the rules; you will not have the right to participate as a representative or member of any class of claimants pertaining to any claim subject to arbitration; the arbitrator’s decision will be final and binding with limited rights of appeal. The prevailing party shall be reimbursed by the other party for any and all costs associated with the dispute arbitration, including attorney fees, collection fees, investigation fees, travel expenses.
Jurisdiction and Venue
If any matter concerning any purchase or subscription shall be brought before a court of law, pre- or post-arbitration, Visitor, viewer, member, subscriber, or customer agrees to that the sole and proper jurisdiction to be the state and city declared in the contact information of the web owner unless otherwise here specified: Paulding County, Georgia. In the event that litigation is in a federal court, the proper court shall be the closest federal court to the Seller’s address.
Viewer, visitor, member, subscriber or customer agrees that the applicable law to be applied shall, in all cases, be that of the state of the Seller.
Contact John Livingston here:
john @ nuclearelectricalengineer.com
Nuclear Electrical Engineer
P.O. Box 1156
Acworth, GA 30101